compact stage car build

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Re: compact stage car build

Postby denzilbmw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Garry.M wrote:What catcams did you decide on? I did ponder a 4 pot build a few years back,, not too dissimilar to the XE on paper - bore /stroke /valve sizes etc

went for 1301518 in the end which are on solid lifters , roughly 4 to 8 thou rev wise if ive worked it out right , yes i thought that originally got to be somewhere near xe power, give it a go anyway in too deep now lol , never had massive power cars anyway so it will do ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Garry.M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

It would have been them or the 519 cams that I'd have gone for,,, I've never been that greedy with cam duration. Looking forward to seeing the results
Garry.M
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Postby mef » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Exhaust manifold looks mint!

Please remember to contact me when your ready for your DTA ecu and also ecu wiring loom.

Martin
mef
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 am

mef wrote:Exhaust manifold looks mint!

Please remember to contact me when your ready for your DTA ecu and also ecu wiring loom.

Martin

no probs martin have your number safe will contact you when ready thanks .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 am

well painfully slow progress at the moment , family over the hols , bad knee playing up again , and loads of other excuses , took head to the engine shop friday for shiming up , could see by the guys face and his list of excuses he didnt want to do it so have a go myself will just take a little longer , started with some different thickness washers to get a rough idea , shim is like a top hat which fits upside down on the bucket , really freaked the bloke out , tad unuseual apparently " not the way we do it boy " was his best remark ,all measured roughly now just need to get the final measurements to order .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Previous

Return to Cars