jersey rally

Pics & videos of BMWs on events

Moderator: is-si

jersey rally

Postby jerseypug » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:05 am

i have just spent the weekend competing at my local event in the jersey rally, it was very slippery with mud, moss and chestnuts all over the roads, the messy bits were ok because you could see they were slippery but there were roads with good grip along with roads that looked good but no grip. we were seeded 36th and got up to 21st during the friday daylight hours but dropped back to 29th through the night as i wasn't feeling comfortable for some reason in the dark and hit a lot of banks and lost a lot of time. saturday was better but still slippery, there were lots of casualties and retirements, there was a lovely e30 m3 that had a few hits causing his retirement, martin walters was running really well in his e30 and had a big crash which took him out and there was a s2000 powered e30 that didn't look too good after hitting a granite barn which also retired. it was carnage, driving the stages you were constantly passing cars in banks and debris all over the road. one corner we came across a boot lid with spoiler in the middle of the road and were expecting to see a car on its roof but didn't come across the car for about a mile where he was in a field entrance.
it was a hard rally but so good. if it was easy it wouldn't be such an achievement to finish. shame its another year until the next one.
i am very pleased with the compact as it had quite a few hits and carried on without any problems. I'm going to need some new wheels, do some work on the dents and carry out some fibreglass repairs to both bumpers.
we were not taking our times too seriously and were over using the hand brake on the saturday especially where there were people cheering us on but we had a really good time and enjoyed every minuet of it smiling all the way.
we finished 22nd which I'm happy with especially as just making it to the end was an achievement. i would thoroughly recommend giving it a go.
https://youtu.be/2feuk1R3DRY
This is the saturday morning St. Ouen stage which was one of the less slippery ones. i felt bad holding the mk 2 up after passing him but he was fine about it and could see the funny side with my Austin Powers manoeuvring
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Re: jersey rally

Postby jerseypug » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm

some of the unlucky ones
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby jerseypug » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm

https://youtu.be/jvaqkujtyTo
a preview of the rally
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Bimsy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am

Well done Tim!!!!!
Car sounded good and she pedals well !!!!!

Cheers !!
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby notax » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Nice write up, well done on finishing! Keen to try it myself one day, need to get to grips with new car and LHD first. Can't wait for closed road rallying to come to the mainland...
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Garry.M » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Goes bloody well!,,,, what's the engine spec etc?
Garry.M
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Postby Overthelimit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Is car 41 the TR7 V8?
Overthelimit
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby jerseypug » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 am

yes i think it was alister flack
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby notax » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 am

Garry.M wrote:Goes bloody well!,,,, what's the engine spec etc?

I've just updated my car post with engine spec :D
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby jerseypug » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 pm

it is a m42 with m47 diesel crank and s50 m3 throttle bodies. Shrigley engineering in Manchester built the engine and I'm very pleased with how it goes. it needs an exhaust manifold to free up some more power but hopefully my soon to be new best friend is going to sort me out with one ;)
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Bimsy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 am

jerseypug wrote:it is a m42 with m47 diesel crank and s50 m3 throttle bodies. Shrigley engineering in Manchester built the engine and I'm very pleased with how it goes. it needs an exhaust manifold to free up some more power but hopefully my soon to be new best friend is going to sort me out with one ;)

It`s all in hand :) the manifold that is.
I`ve p.m. you with info.

Cheers new best friend :lol:
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Pedone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:43 am

Man I feel bad for these guys, but crashes are a part of it I guess.
Pedone

Return to BMWs in action