Ronez rally in the new compact

Pics & videos of BMWs on events

Moderator: is-si

Ronez rally in the new compact

Postby jerseypug » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:35 am

After building the compact into a rally car i entered its first event. There was a lot of rain which made the already slippery surface worse which benefitted the 4wd cars that were competing. fortunately in the afternoon the rain stopped and we could claw back some time. The car has the standard m44 engine with a 3.9 medium case LSD and bilstein suspension. The steering rack has been changed to a subaru impreza one but otherwise all that has been done to it was to remove weight and fit all the safety requirements. i was suffering from a lot of understeer so disconnected the front anti roll bar which seemed to help but new tyres would have been better.
i can't get over how much fun i had with this car and am really looking forward to my next event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYezi9uQ1tgImage
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Re: Ronez rally in the new compact

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:54 pm

seems to go well enough for a std motor , good start number too , looked quite slip , wernt fussed on them big concrete pillars though .. lol
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby jerseypug » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:26 pm

the concrete doesn't move much when hit and there has been a few cars that never raced again after hitting it, rolling is also quite common which is the main reason i built this car
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby jerseypug » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:49 pm

jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Return to BMWs in action