misses made a good call on the red ... :D

denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Re: compact stage car build

Postby Bimsy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 pm

denzilbmw wrote:Image

misses made a good call on the red ... :D

I agree on the Red but what colour wheels?

She`s looking good by the way :D :D
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm

lazy ish weekend only worked on the car yesterday , fitted the door and rear trim cards in the best fake carbon , fuel tank on with hockly guard , and what a bitch that was , second fuel pump in tank plumed and wired, rear arb on , been on the loom most of today and still not much further foward , will plonk it in the car next week , should make it a bit easier to work out , trying to gather a pile of bits ready for the bank hol , to have a bit more of a push .....
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Bimsy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:44 pm

denzilbmw wrote:lazy ish weekend only worked on the car yesterday , fitted the door and rear trim cards in the best fake carbon , fuel tank on with hockly guard , and what a bitch that was , second fuel pump in tank plumed and wired, rear arb on , been on the loom most of today and still not much further foward , will plonk it in the car next week , should make it a bit easier to work out , trying to gather a pile of bits ready for the bank hol , to have a bit more of a push .....

Coming along nicely Denz :) , you can use my cut down loom as a pattern if you want?
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:05 pm

brake piping and unions all ready just waiting for some clear heat shrink to come to cover the hoses to keep them tidy , start making them next week , discs and bells all fitted on front .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 pm

done some more on the wiring its now moved from the bench in the shed to the car , progress is slow but it is getting there , got the bank holiday weekend for a big push next week .no more pics as im unable to get them to upload , only seems to be when i turn the flash off to take them dont know why this would effect them . :(
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:14 pm

while sitting on the cross member doing some wiring had the bonnet proped with a bit of roof batton , acidently knocked it and the bonnet came down and it managed to punch a hole 2/3 rds the way through it after several chioce words my blood pressure returned to normal . :evil: first bit of damage and she aint turned a wheel yet .. should repair ok with some resin and a bit of pudding . would have prefered it hit me on the head .. :)
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:38 pm

its a wiring weekend , ive put the loom it in the car , from the navs feet back its done and under the bonnet has been lengthened where needed plus add ons put in tommorw will connect earths and put a battery on it and hopefully will get a few things working , defo wont be sorry to see the loom done , heads continuously fried ...may have a break from it and start doing the brake lines as ive got everything to make them ...
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm

photo from last week , fake carbon door cards look ok done the same in the rear quarters , and my favourite pile in the footwell .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:34 pm

bit of progress at last , put a jump battery on and most things are working so its time to start tapeing up and cliping where needed .made a fuse panel and brackets for the relays , heading the right way now thank goodness
.Image

odd tails still to do

.Image

switches to do on the tunnel now , then were cooking on gas ..... hopefully :D
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:26 pm

todays effort as were away tomorrow for a couple of weeks , so no more progress till the end of the month , dropped the short motor down the machine shop , and the caliper brackets elswhere so im hoping both will be done by the time im back .made a tunnel mounted switch panel for a change , wired it in today as i would have forgotten what was what by the time i see it again , still a few tails and multi blocks to do , but going forward a least ...

denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:29 pm

need to be all clipped in tidy just ran out of time plus i want to double check it all still works before final fixing .....
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Bimsy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Denzil it looks awesome!!!! :D Defo not parking next to you on the future rallys, you`ll show me up big time!!!! :D :D :D
See you in a few weeks!!
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

NICE, keep up the good work!
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Bimsy wrote:Denzil it looks awesome!!!! :D Defo not parking next to you on the future rallys, you`ll show me up big time!!!! :D :D :D
See you in a few weeks!!

alrite andy , trust me mate its all smoke and mirrors ......
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Cars