Scottish E36 Compact Forest Car

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Scottish E36 Compact Forest Car

Postby kmsrallying » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi all,

After taking on board some advice from this forum , we acquired the ex David May E36 Compact. We managed to get out on a forest test day couple of weeks ago to get a bit of a 'feel', however we tackled the Snowman Rally on sat which is the first round of the Scottish Rally Championships.
The conditions were, difficult, to say the least, but we had our sensible heads on and were pleased to finish 81st out of 94 finishers.
I've not worked out how to post pictures on here yet, so please feel free to visit our FB page for pics, video and updates on progress and developments.

https://www.facebook.com/Team-Compact-B ... 374356982/

Next event - Border Counties 19th March
kmsrallying

Re: Scottish E36 Compact Forest Car

Postby Garry.M » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Well done bud,,, I was messaging with Speedy last night,,, why don't you fit a 2.8 engine? That class wasn't too bad if I remember correctly?
Garry.M
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Postby kmsrallying » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:21 pm

The car seams to handle well (to me anyway).
The previous owner said that they went this way (4pot) based on previously running a 6 pot where the weight of the 1st two cylinders was out in front of the front axle line. He said this handles better.
The car came with some parts to bring the engine up from an 1800 to a 2000, I can probably complete that quite cheaply.
I like a 4 pot engine, my mind drifts towards a red top and sequential at some point in future. As for a 2.8 alloy blocked affair, I'd never say never....

I've got your number here, i'll need to give you a call this week to ask you as few things :D
kmsrallying

Postby kmsrallying » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Another one down...
We completed the Border Counties Rally on 19th of March, good stages in good condition.
We were pleased / surprised to finish 61st, however more to do with attrition than silky driving skills :lol:

Next up is the Speyside stages on 23rd of April, going to try and take some weight out of the car for that one

Follow our progress on :-

https://www.facebook.com/Team-Compact-B ... page_panel
kmsrallying

Return to Cars