HSR'S Compact story continues

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Re: HSR'S Compact story continues

Postby Daishag » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Tris-M3 = Even if its for a Compact E36 (which it is) would the Front Wings, Bonnet & Bumper not fit a Coupe E36 ?????

HSR 2.6 = Get the doors gaped and fitting right along with a set of steel doors and keep the GRP ones for sprints and hill climbs etc or just keep the steel ones in the Van so if anyone says anything at Srutrineering at an event just swap em over as only a couple of bolts LOL and dead easy to swap etc.

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07805835655
Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 pm

at would be some crack Dave, i'd have to buy a bigger van. Just an update on the engine, took all the caps off aprt from 1&6 tried to turn it over and it still would'nt turn over, as soon as i released no 1 it turned so i've deduced that the crack is goosed. Took the crank out and inspected the rods and they all look very good. At least the guy i bought it off was honest as it lloks like it had just been rebuilt, So a big decision now do i rebuild the engine first or start on the shell..... :roll: .........
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:30 pm

ENGINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a Block and a Crank and re-build your motor into it !!!!!!!! You won't be happy with anything else init mate you know it makes sense ..............

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:35 pm

It looks like the block is ok, but if i could find one for cheap cheap money i'd get another one.... :lol:
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I would defo replace the block as all blocks are in-line bored with main caps in place so chances are if the crank is bent it may have done something to the Main cap 1 area i know usually cast blocks crack or snap if they are under stress rather than slightly twist or bend but i would'nt take the chance with it mate.

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Good call, will have to do some saving
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Well after weeks of being a lazy bum i decided to go and make a start, so all the interior has now been stripped out and half of the wiring, i'd forgotton how much hassle there is in prepping a shell............
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mike » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Are you not registering it first steve? alot more expensive and hassle to get the car registered as a rally car..

If you are though and need some E marked harnesses to get it through i have a set you can borrow.
mike
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby hsr2.6 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 pm

It's registered now, just can't be arsed to do anything i'd sell it all if the right money came along
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mike » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Dont blame you mate, you've had such shitty luck with it. Must make you wonder if its just going to happen again and again..

Its for that reason my clio hasn't moved from where i parked it last October, just cant be bothered lol.
mike
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby hsr2.6 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 am

Hello everyone, quick update, i've welded all the cage plates and the plate to hang the twin eared diff. All the front suspensions on, and the rear beam is all built up ready to go on( the one off the old car had bent in the accident)

I attacked the wiring the other night and made a right pigs ear of it so thats my mission for this week, finish wiring so i can put the dash back in, and then paint the inside..........
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Previous

Return to Cars