1 series Forest rally car

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Re: 1 series Forest rally car

Postby donald » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks, hoping this one wouldn't be spotted.
Happened on the last stage of the Snowman. Car was going really well and we were in the mid 30's overall and on for a good result. I kept the power on and thought it would pull out but no luck. The clip is edited and doesn't show the 2 cars that passed us when we were trying to get out. Lost over 2+1/2 minutes and 15 or so places. We also lost a lot of time stuck behind a ridiculously slow Fiesta R2 who wouldn't pull over on stage 3.
I had splashed out and bought 4 new tyres for the event rather than my usual 2nd hands. Pirelli 185/70 x 15 Soft K8 on the front and med K6 on the back. Totally transformed the car with grip and turn in. Fronts will survive another event but rears knackered by finish.
Next event is the Border Counties this weekend
donald
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby mimtbr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks for the report!
How much of your 2014 upgrade list did you get to?
Have you had a chance to weigh the car?
mimtbr

Postby rearwheelsteercompact » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Great summary thanks. Interesting car. It's nice to see a forest car for a change (Real rallying :D )

Keep up the good work.
rearwheelsteercompact
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mimtbr » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Speyside Stages at 9:06
Again, looks smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOMfnDMh6vM
mimtbr

Postby donald » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:50 am

Brief resume of our season in the Scottish Rally Championship.
We did all six events that ran, unfortunately 2 were cancelled due to lack of entries and the new MSA safety requirements which have been enforced in Scotland this year.
Finished 5 events but ran out of road on the Jim Clark rally in Kielder and ended on roof in a bog, no damage apart from bent front suspension which may have been the cause of the accident.
Bent a front strut on the Scottish rally and did the whole event with no front suspension.
2+1/2 mins in a ditch on the Snowman rally(well documented on Youtube).
Apart from that the car has run reliably all season and is starting to show a bit of speed now the front suspension is sorted and when I can afford new tyres. We did all six events with the same 185/70 Pirelli K8 on the front and used 4 185/70 K6 on the rear plus 4 used 205/65 K4 for the whole season. I wish I could afford new rear tyres every event but it is choice between entry fees or tyres.
We have won our class(2wd over 2 litre) and finished 10th 2wd drive overall in the SRC which is what we set out to do although it has been done by reliability rather than speed, however we have had great fun and the car is great to drive and cheap to run.
Plans for the winter are more weight saving, ready to go it is 1420KG!
Next year the provisional plan is to do the 4 gravel rounds of the BRC , as most of them are up north and maybe 1 tarmac round in Ireland.
donald
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Previous

Return to Cars