Daishag's M3 Powered E36 Compact

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Daishag's M3 Powered E36 Compact

Postby Daishag » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Right Then Boy's, after a lot of prompting by Avto and HSr 2.6 im gonna start my thread on my build of a M3 3.0/3.2 Hybrid powered E36 Compact Rally Car to Tarmac Spec. First off is a couple of pic's of the car as i bought her from Ireland with all the hard work all ready done ie the engine and drive line conversion etc. she has in her current state a a Hybrid 3.0 bottom end with 3.2 head, cams and throttle bodies, so im told by the previous owner, its all ready got the M3 bottom arms on the front, 328 front disc conversion, Welded Diff, Coil Over Kit fitted all round just to name a few of the mods all ready fitted.

The car was purchased from Ireland for £3K Cash, and it cost approx £250 with ferry costs and petrol to get her home, But ive all ready sold the Leather Seats pictured below for £200, and the wheels also pictured below for £250 as they were 17" BMW items and i intend on running wide 18"'s

So the car as she stands now owes me £2800 so for the spec and bits left on her i think thats a bit of a bargain !!!!!

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07805835655
Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Re: Daishag's M3 Powered E36 Compact

Postby Daishag » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Right after the 1st post a couple of pics, the following is detrails on my 1st rally mod ready for the car, ive just started up-rating the rear disc braked wishbones i got off another E36 Compact i've just scrapped thus after selling all the bits i did'nt want and wieghing the rest of the car in, these wishbones and the rear beam and a host of other bits have actually cost me nothing so Happy Days.

I've been looking at other peoples build's on here and other pic's on such website's as Delage etc and after my prvious experiances with GrpA Cossie Rear Wishbones here a couple of pic's of my attempt to strengthen the Rear Compact wishbones with a compromise between adding weight and adding strength etc !!!!!

what ive done above is pressed a 18mm dowel into the ABS hole in the hub which is half way up the hub, i then welded it into place and then braced it down to the wishbone pictured below :-

Also pictured in the pic is the strengthened shocker mount and the removed original BMW spring mounting plate.

And lastly the cross brace betwen both mounting bushes of the wishbone.

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby martine30rally » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Looks interesting, shame they put all the work into the engine then skimped on the drivetrain. If it has got the engine the previous owner says it has then I'd imagine its pretty scary on 328 front brakes and rear drums :shock:

Not sure what they mean about the front arms. M3 ones are the same as any e36. Evos had different arms but also had different uprights :?

Not daying you've been done over, but I'd give everything a good checking over to make sure it is what you think it is.

Good luck with it - im sure it will be a cracker when finished.

P.S - the person that gave you 250 for those staggered contours walked away with a bargain!
martine30rally
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Postby Daishag » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

The Person who walked away with alloys told me that as well as he was the Moderator for a well know E36 BMW website LOL but the tyres were just about shot but alloys were in good nick so i was happy with £250.

The front arms came off a std M3 ie have the off set rear bush, those will be kept as spares as i have bought another NEW set (std E36) and im fitting the M3 Off Set Poly Bushes to them so as said these will be kept as spares LOL.

I do need to ditch all the brakes as they are about as much use as a anchor in a force 9 gale for a super tanker, fuckin scary after the 1st big hit PMSL !!!!!! BUT i do have M3 stub axles, Hub's & Brakes to go on the Front and have EBC Disc's and Ferrodo DS3000 pad's waiting for them as well, as for the Rear i have EBC disc's (std solid 272mm compact e36) with Carbon Loraine pads ready to go on, and ive over hauled the calipers ready to fit etc PICTURES WILL FOLLOW !!!!!!!

To be fair who ever did the conversion did a nice job ie spot welding all the little brackets to hold the air box etc and little things like that !!!!! It actually looks like a std BMW install etc. It has a E36 M3 5spd box fitted and a welded std small cased diff (ratio un-known) Shame it will be ripped out PMSL !!!!!!!

I all ready have a Z3 rack (Quick Rack Conversion), full set Polybushes, Steel Race Flywheel & a Sachs 8 Puck Paddle Clutch & Pressure Plate, K&N induction Kit, 3 x Medium Cased LSD Diff's (4.4 - 4.1 - 3.9) etc and a set of powder coated 18" BMW M5 Parallel staggered Alloys as well to be fitted so as i said before more pic's to follow so watch this space LOL !!!!!!

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby avtovaz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:32 pm

:wink: Nice to see its starting to happen mate ;)
Россия лучше всех
факт
ENDA BMW tuning
avtovaz
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby alan1272 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:33 pm

nice, car looks good, almost seems a shame to rally prep it :lol:
alan1272
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Right then some more photos but not sure of the quality as they were taken on my phone but here goes

M3 Stub axles ready to go with new hubs,

Couple of pics of the 18" alloys i had off Andy (evofixer) they should fill the arches well as they are staggered items etc

Picture of the Steel Solid Flywheel, Paddle Clutch & Sachs Pressure Plate waiting to go in

And lastly the rear beam all strentghened and painted with the solid mounting bushes welded into place

See what i can get upto next LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I do believe all work in the garage is to cease with immediate effect for the forseeable future on any vehicle not just the BMW Rally project due to the picture below !!!!!

Ahhhhh Well no point in mopping around will just have to spend me time surfing the net for bargains and other usefull tips and ideas !!!!!!!

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:31 pm

you don't mind really dave do you considering where you done it.............. :lol:
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby avtovaz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

feck, what you done now mate!?!?!?
Россия лучше всех
факт
ENDA BMW tuning
avtovaz
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby hsr2.6 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Drunk and diasbled on holiday..............
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Believe it or not Steve, i was'nt pissed !!!! But as correctly stated i was on holiday in Jamacia, where i slipped by the pool and thought i had actually twisted the ankle by the advice i was given by the Nurse on site at the Hotel complex where she promptly sprayed it with aerosel Raljex muscle spray and told me to take it easy !!!
Flew in to Manchester yesterday at 7 am got home at 9am had a quick shower and went to the local A&E where they x-rayed it and ive broken 1 bone and splintered another where the ligament from the ankle attaches to the foot bone !!!!! So they plastered it there and then. Been walking round on it for the last 2wks in Jamacia just drinkin Rum & Coke to keep the pain at bay LOL !!!!!!!

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:00 am

Just found this !!!!! The previous owner who built the car for drifting sent it me and i forgot all about it, it shows the corner wieghts and total wieght, remember this was done with running gear she is fitted with at the mo ie M3 engine etc and all the leather interior fitted as a road going car etc.

I think its really promising once all the crap has gone and the weight distribution is good all ready

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby bruvs1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

fit it with an auto box, :shock: you could saw of the left leg then to save on wieght !!! :lol:
http://www.bruvsmotorworks.co.uk 320is, 330is rallying!
bruvs1
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Daishag » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Does any one know what the figures in the centre of the screen mean ???? ie
SELECT : 621.0 48.72%
I know the figures above are the actual corner wieghts and when added together they give the Total Wieght show at the bottom of the screen, but i really don't know what the figures mentioned are may be a front to rear percentage of wieght with the 48.72 but really don't know ???

Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Next

Return to Cars