compact stage car build

Members' cars information, spec & pics

Moderator: is-si

Re: compact stage car build

Postby brotherhood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 am

Yes it looks a lot better and neater that way. Have you sealed it at the front (door end) where you've bolted it? Obviously the standard glass has the rubber on it.
brotherhood

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:44 pm

no have not sealed it , ive nutserted the pillar with a bit of sealer on the inserts before i fitted them so shouldnt have any water in , sits tight against the poly as well so fingers crossed ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm

well not much going on at the moment , car still with the exhaust man whos haveing a mare with it and to add to the problems hes having hes phoned to say he has slipped a disc in his back so all on stop at the moment ... :(
head is back and rocker back from powder coating so thought i would make up the cops plate and mount the coils , head gasket here monday coming from lithuania , cams and top end bits all ordered decided to go for solid lifters in the end as it gives more options with cam choices further down the line , probably 3 weeks or so before they land in my lap ...
so thats it for the moment hopefully back up to speed soon ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 pm

How come you wanted to stay 4 cylinder?
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 pm

a question i ask myself daily at the moment , :lol: 6 pot was the original plan but did a bit of reading up on 4 potters so i thought id give them a go and see what could be done . i always have the option to drop a 6 in if it does not work out , after 10 years out of the seat it will probably quick enough to start with anyway . once the cars built and finished ill probably buy a 6 potter when one comes along just in case .your car goes well in the vids ive seen , she standard lump ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 pm

called up today to see how the exhaust is coming along , to be fair whats been done looks the dogs do da fair play .

car has been promised for next weekend so ive booked transport ready , be glad to see it back will be 5 weeks with nothing to speak of done , doubt she will be running etc by christmas which was the plan .

finger out time i think :lol: :lol:
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby lahondal » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm

What a manifold work!, RHD manifold are so difficult but thats awesome.
lahondal
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Bimsy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 pm

More pictures of the Manifold please Denzil !!! :D :D :D :D
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:24 pm

denzilbmw wrote:a question i ask myself daily at the moment , :lol: 6 pot was the original plan but did a bit of reading up on 4 potters so i thought id give them a go and see what could be done . i always have the option to drop a 6 in if it does not work out , after 10 years out of the seat it will probably quick enough to start with anyway . once the cars built and finished ill probably buy a 6 potter when one comes along just in case .your car goes well in the vids ive seen , she standard lump ..

I did the same, started off with a 4 pot... Did one rally then put a 2.5 in. That was my original blue car 10 years ago i think it was...

Be good too see how you get on... What event is going to be first do you think?
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:09 pm

mrfuzzyfelts wrote:
denzilbmw wrote:a question i ask myself daily at the moment , :lol: 6 pot was the original plan but did a bit of reading up on 4 potters so i thought id give them a go and see what could be done . i always have the option to drop a 6 in if it does not work out , after 10 years out of the seat it will probably quick enough to start with anyway . once the cars built and finished ill probably buy a 6 potter when one comes along just in case .your car goes well in the vids ive seen , she standard lump ..

I did the same, started off with a 4 pot... Did one rally then put a 2.5 in. That was my original blue car 10 years ago i think it was...

Be good too see how you get on... What event is going to be first do you think?

whenever its finished theres nothing planed at the moment , still a few big chunks of money to put out , wheels , tyres , dta , cant earn it fast enough at the moment lol :lol: :lol: theres a few quid gone into this 4 pot so she will need stay in there for a bit ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:17 pm

couple of pictures of the manifold , bimseys getting exited so thought id better put some on ... :lol

hope shrigleys got the right lengths on them primaries .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

first of the 3 done , really is a work of art the pictures dont do it justice ..
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:30 pm

cams and all the head parts have arrived including the head gasket , car is finally back from the exhaust man , so this weekend the first job is a big list on the workshop wall and start knocking them off one at a time , need to knucle down for the final push after 5 weeks without the car lost a bit of momentum .
denzilbmw
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Previous

Return to Cars