BMW Rally challange

Past event results & upcoming event information

Moderator: is-si

BMW Rally challange

Postby roadrally_nova » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 am

I hope you will support me in my endeavours in what i am trying to achieve
A BMW Rally championship we all can compete on in the cars we currently own, run by people who understand BMW's and have rallied them already

I have personally contacted many of you regarding this to ask your thoughts on such a championship
overall the response was good but not everyone will be happy no matter how hard i try and please everyone ( this does not mean i am not open to free discussion as to what YOU want)

The BMW Rally series for 2016 will include a mixture of the BMW rally cars out there rallying now with different classes - we want to see all the BMW owned cars out there already competing in current spec to prevent any extra costs or controls but also allow the development of the BMWcup class as interest grows and driver input on the regulations to work for new and existing drivers

classes as they stand now
Class 1 - 2501-3000cc
Class 2 - 1895-2500cc
Cup Class - E46 325ti as per regulations
Classic - pre 91

Class 1 and 2 - will be as per existing regulations these cars currently run but they will run with the other BMW cars and recognised by the BMWCC

The Cup Class - will be using the BMWcup race car as basis and after testing with more power and bigger brakes currently its been decided that the original equipment and standard power from the 325ti is fit for current use - the addition of a gripper LSD will be allowed of safety grounds but you can keep the open diff if you prefer - this mean that the BMWcup race cars would only need the the mandatory MSA requirements (seat, harness, hand held extinguisher and mudflaps so it can obtain a rally logbook)

Classic - Models that retain original engines will include E10 2002, E21, E30 models

The events for 2016 are in discussion but hoping we can get events close to all so travelling and expense is limited again we are up for debate on this and what would you like to see events wise
hoping to get events that we all compete on anyway

This series is not to be confused with any other rally championship being offered
roadrally_nova
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Re: BMW Rally challange

Postby evofixer » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:29 am

Count me in, it sounds like a great idea mate! Are you thinking of mixed surface, tarmac or both?
evofixer

Postby notax » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Yup, this sounds interesting to me too - so long as it is tarmac. Was intending to compete in my local championship again, but will miss the first two rounds. Interested to see what you come up with, if any events are in the southern half of the UK I'd be keen to join in. I'm currently selling one Compact which could enable someone else to compete - see classified section!
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby M3 Compact » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Hadn't seen this before I replied to the BRF thread.
Confusion ROX LOL.

Which proposal is suggesting a controlled ('recommended supplier') series that includes a road rally?
WTF would anybody include a road rally in a 2016 motorsport championship?
M3 Compact
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby roadrally_nova » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:06 am

most definatly not this one mate
roadrally_nova
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 pm

2 new ones popped up in the same week 8)
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BMWcup » Mon May 09, 2016 6:36 am

The dates are confirmed for 2016 this is not a new idea it has been ongoing for several years but as it was intended to involve enthusiasts and club racers without any profit with time to promote limited it may have not been pushed as hard as it could have

It now has authorisation from the official and BMWGB recognised BMWcarclub GB and also been accepted by some of the best single venue events in the UK

It will grow based on the support from drivers and club members and will listen to all BMW drivers to be become the drivers race and rally series for the UK ...

Any BMW rally car no catches no extra expense

Can post more info or link to face book or website if helpful
BMWcup

Return to Events