North West Stages 2017

Past event results & upcoming event information

Moderator: is-si

North West Stages 2017

Postby Lee F » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:28 am

North west stages this weekend in Blackpool. Is anyone going along?

It will be my first event out in the car. I have never driven a RWD car in competition and it will also be the first time i have driven a LHD car in anger also.

The car has been a nightmare since i bought it last November and i had planned to be out on the Xmas stages, but it has needed so much time and money spending on it, and no doubt will require some more. Currently it's functional and will eventually look pretty once i know it works and i get things how i like them.

We're seeded at 36 of the 110 (i think) entries, so if you're about, come over and say hi, it's sure to be a steep and slippy learning curve!
Lee F

Re: North West Stages 2017

Postby jerseypug » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 pm

good luck, i hope it all goes well for you
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Lee F » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:26 pm

It didn't, :shock:

Car was fine and then on the way back from scrutineering it developed a misfire, we changed coil packs, plugs were new before the event etc used the dta software to check the injectors and all seemed to come back ok, The injectors have been away and came back as ok this afternoon. So we still have a misfire and i'm running out of ideas. :cry:
Lee F

Postby bruvs1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

We were at nw stages doing start at fleetwood, went to watch sat night car looked good but sounded as flat as a witches tit.. rogue plug or wiring or ecu .?
http://www.bruvsmotorworks.co.uk 320is, 330is rallying!
bruvs1
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Lee F » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah, i wasn't impressed. It was fine until driving back from scrutineering...
Plugs were new before the event, all injectors have been checked, the ECU and loom are new and have been fine during mapping, brief test etc. I have ordered a fuel pressure tester (gauge) and a compression tester which i should receive today. This should hopefully rule out a few things. Then it's back to replacing the plugs with the old ones to see if that makes a difference.
Lee F

Postby Garry.M » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:30 pm

What's the spec /power of the engine bud?
Garry.M
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Return to Events