hi everyone from sunny south wales

Introduce yourselves here.

Moderator: is-si

hi everyone from sunny south wales

Postby denzilbmw » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:16 am

hello to all , joined a few weeks ago just getting around to the new member section , built and rallied many cars over the years , not done anything for a while but the itch has started again .....well i dont think it ever went away , but it defo needs scratching now .
i have decided to build a compact for tarmac stage events still not 100% sure but looks like m3 power , still trawling through members builds and trying to glean as much info as possible . few projects to get rid of after crimbo to clear the decks and produce a little extra funding , i think building it wont be so bad its being able to drive it quick enough will be the test . lol . best of wishes to all for the festivities and will be bugging all with questions in the new year ..
regards denz .
denzilbmw
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Re: hi everyone from sunny south wales

Postby Bimsy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi Denz

Welcome on board!
I`m half way through my compact build so hopefully be out before the summer.

Enjoy the holidays!!! :D

Also from South Wales.
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby roadrally_nova » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 pm

welcome from sunnier north wales
roadrally_nova
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:36 am

denzilbmw wrote:hello to all , joined a few weeks ago just getting around to the new member section , built and rallied many cars over the years , not done anything for a while but the itch has started again .....well i dont think it ever went away , but it defo needs scratching now .
i have decided to build a compact for tarmac stage events still not 100% sure but looks like m3 power , still trawling through members builds and trying to glean as much info as possible . few projects to get rid of after crimbo to clear the decks and produce a little extra funding , i think building it wont be so bad its being able to drive it quick enough will be the test . lol . best of wishes to all for the festivities and will be bugging all with questions in the new year ..
regards denz .

Welcome Denz! you have come to the right place for BMW's that’s for sure!

All depends on the budget really, 328 is good value for money,. When you go M3 lots of other things need upgrading such as diff to 210mm, shafts etc etc

For a GOOD 2.8 compact you are looking at 8k ish, for a m3 your 15k+ assuming you do it all yourself

This is from personal experiences of building over 5 of them

My original £5k budget banana bmw now is £30K+ and still going :roll:
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby denzilbmw » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:42 pm

hi , yes was originally thinking possibly 10 to 12 k , not done anything with bmw,s before so it will definately be a learning curve , looking at the moment for a small workshop to rent for a few months to fab and paint the shell then bring it home to build , just started to collect ready ... :wink:
den .
denzilbmw
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Return to New members.