Introduce yourselves here.

Moderator: is-si

Postby davefarrer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:46 am

hi I'm dave. at the moment I'm doing single venue tarmac rallying I have just sold my e36 coupe and am now building my compact up so any advice would be great cheers
davefarrer

Re: new member

Postby Overthelimit » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Dump the compact and go back to the coupe!
Overthelimit
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby davefarrer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 pm

I never liked compacts till I drove it is find them alot more nimble. I guess your running coupe? Haha. tarmac or gravel?
davefarrer

Postby Overthelimit » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Mostly tarmac, occasional forest. The coupe has 6cyl motor already installed, I think it has better brake and stud set up (could be wrong there). Not sure why it would be less nimble, wheelbase is same, maybe weight at the rear. I have never been able to get a definitive answer on how the weight compares. AFAIK the coupe is heavier but not sure how much. I think you can pick up a compact for less money. Then of course there is the killer blow- the coupe is nice looking whereas the compact is the most ugly thing on wheels. ( I will probably get several death threats for saying that) :D
Overthelimit
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby davefarrer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:45 pm

everyone is aloud there own opinion I loved the coupe just like to try new things I think compacts about 200 kg lighter. there all good cars in there own way I spose only one way of finding out how it goes as I get on with it.
davefarrer

Return to New members.