Hello from Tasmania, Australia

Introduce yourselves here.

Moderator: is-si

Hello from Tasmania, Australia

Postby St.Nick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:00 am

Hello Rallyists,

My name is Nick, checking-in from Tasmania!
After a couple of years rallying a Maxda 323 4WD Turbo way back in the early 00s, the bug has finally bitten hard enough for me to consider another foray on to the dirt!! :mrgreen:

This time, I'm thinking something FAR less scary than the grp A Mazda was! Cheap, cheerful, RWD fun... all the things the Mazda truly wasn't!!

Cue an E36 323i sedan!

Whilst a lot of you guys are building M3 compacts, neither the Compact nor the 'S' engines are bountifully plentiful or cheap enough in Australia to make either a viable option.

Instead, it's gonna be a 200k mileage E36, with a bolt-in cage, seats, mudflaps, and the necessary safety equipment... and thats about it!

Why a sedan?? Simple answer is that they're plentiful! Parts are ridiculously cheap here, and I can get 318i automatic sedans for $300... as opposed to $3000 for a Compact!

We aren't looking to set any fastest stage times, or upset the 4WDs... just to have some sideways fun in the scrub!!

Now, first thing is first... I need to find a car!! :oops:
I'll keep you all posted on how things progress!
St.Nick

Re: Hello from Tasmania, Australia

Postby St.Nick » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:22 am

Ok... time for an update.

I finally have a car to start the build!!

My navigator gifted us with a 323i that I used to own.. which I purchased off him, then sold back to him!!

It looked a little different when I had it:

Its still a 100% complete car, leather, air-bags, stereo and all... and I can't wait to get stuck in!!
St.Nick

Return to New members.