hi im from Barbados(heart of rallying in the caribbean)

Introduce yourselves here.

Moderator: is-si

hi im from Barbados(heart of rallying in the caribbean)

Postby thebimmerboy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi i am from Barbados a small island in the caribbean where alot of motorsport action takes place(Sol
Rally Barbados) etc. I rally a bmw e46 325i which was converted to a full m3 such as engine(s54) , brakes, suspension etc.I am currently in the process of re-shelling the car using the e46 m3 2dr simply because i crash the previous one :( .Reason i joined this site was to gain information and advice from you experts who i think might be able to help me out with questions or even where to source parts.Just a few questions i have to ask hoping that someone would be able to help me out.
Here goes..
1.Can anyone recommend good tarmac rally suspension that is fairly reasonable in price but still good in performance?
2.Have anyone ever used the brembo brakes from the old 5 series and if so are they any good and what size are they(4pot,6pot)?
3.In terms of exhaust system to the m3 i want to gain that m3 note but still not loose hp or torque due to lack of back pressure and from viewing most of your guys projects i realise majoirty have straight pipes.Does this makes the car slower or its just a myth?
thebimmerboy
thebimmerboy

Re: hi im from Barbados(heart of rallying in the caribbean)

Postby rearwheelsteercompact » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi and welcome. Wish we had your sunshine here :(
rearwheelsteercompact
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Re: hi im from Barbados(heart of rallying in the caribbean)

Postby mef » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

AVO uk do some nice suspension, they have come a long way recently, now producing good well made stuff and a lot less expensive than Proflex etc.. email avo.uk@btconnect.com and talk to Nigel (he is a competitor too) Some top UK drivers are using AVO with good results.

http://www.avouk.com/MotorsportFrameset-84.htm

dont worry that they dont list your car, just ask them and they will make them for you.

I have their coil overs on the rear of my Citroen C2R2 and soon I'll be getting them for the front & rear of my 1 series BMW tarmac rally car.

Martin
mef
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Return to New members.