Hi from the prison farm. (aka Australia)

Introduce yourselves here.

Moderator: is-si

Hi from the prison farm. (aka Australia)

Postby zender » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi all,
I've jioned your merry band in an attempt to get as much information about rallying bmws as I can due to the fact that if you mention rallying a bmw here people tend to look at you like you've got 2 heads. So the car is a 2 door 83 E30 with a 2.3, manual and an lsd out of a e28 M528. Sorry it was a 2.3 with a manual but after a small incident involing 2 fingers on my left hand and a bench saw it is now a 2.7 with a 4 speed auto.
So questions.
1: can i fit a ix drive line to an auto box ( please say yes )
2: is it worth bolting a hair dryer onto the 2.7 or just going for the swap
3: does anyone have the recipe for a hydrulic hand brake or is buying one off the shelf easier.
Any advice would be great but please stop laughing, I've had the second head removed and the scar is fading nicely
Cheers
zender

Re: Hi from the prison farm. (aka Australia)

Postby Velocitrobe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Welcome. :D
Velocitrobe
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Re: Hi from the prison farm. (aka Australia)

Postby alan1272 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 am

hi welcome to the forum.

i don't know much about the 325ix i'm afraid but a quick flick through real OEM shows that there was an auto 325ix produced but obviously i have no idea in what numbers. realistically you'd probably have to get hold of a 325ix to see if it could be converted to auto. also i don't know how suitable the ix drive line is for rallying, it would certainly be simpler to stick with rear wheel drive.

is the engine you have an "ETA" low comp m20 one? if it is then good power gains can be made from using 320i/325i parts to make it high comp.

as for hand brakes, it depends how much messing you want to go through. have a look in the "cars" section of the forum, there's a few peoples interpretations in there.
:D
alan1272
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Return to New members.