pesch panels

Anything of interest, post it here

Moderator: is-si

Re: pesch panels

Postby jerseypug » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:42 pm

4 months and still no parts or refund, i think i have been had. anyone know if there is anything that can be done to get my money back as i think i will get the full kit from hockly now
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby notax » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear that, if you paid using a credit card or Paypal you may have some comeback through them...

I've been lucky buying overseas so far, more by luck than judgement, in fact just taken delivery of some carbon direct from China on Ebay...

Martin at Harry Hockley is good to deal with, the kit always needs a little finishing to fit nicely, but it is about a third of the price of the original from Delage if you negotiate with him. The front bumper is pretty big for him to post, so if you can collect it would be easier - but as you're presumably still in Jersey it is a hell of a long way! He has a front bumper in stock for me which I need to get delivered, or collect at some stage. If it works out to do something jointly just let me know - I'm based near Southampton.
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 pm

i have harry hockley WINGS and Rear quarter panels if your interested
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jerseypug » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:00 pm

thanks for that, i paid by bic payment. i have contacted the bank about getting the money back and they said its possible but not definite. i spoke to our local post office about it and they found out the parcel has been delivered to south Birmingham and signed for by a mrs simner. i hope she has a compact that she could put them on.
can the hockley front wings and rear quarter panels be used without the hockley front and rear bumpers?
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby bruvs1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:25 pm

I reckon you could use sport bumpers with the hockley arches, but with widening them. Rear bumper would work but resr arch panel would need chopping..
http://www.bruvsmotorworks.co.uk 320is, 330is rallying!
bruvs1
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby notax » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:57 am

Whilst anything can be made to fit, I personally wouldn't recommend using just parts of the Hockley kit - it will be far less hassle to use the whole thing. The front wings on the standard car end horizontally where the standard or sport front bumper slides under them. On the Hockley/Delage kit the join is angled downward as well as being wider. The bumper and wings on the Hockley kit have flanges which you can bolt together to form a strong front end. The rear bumper from Hockley is very light and not that big and buying that would also save a load of work. I suggest giving Martin at Hockley a call, he is very good to deal with and will be far happier to do a deal on price and postage if you are buying a whole kit - still worth picking up any other second parts from forum members though so you'll have spares for when you ding one!
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby jerseypug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:00 pm

thanks for that, i am waiting for a cost from hockley. do you use the rear spoiler with yours?
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby notax » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Yes, I use the rear spoiler but as they aren't a homologated part you technically shouldn't. I've only had a couple of scroots give me grief in over 60 events and now my cars (and other Compacts using the F2000/Hockley spoiler) are well known in the south of England I don't have problems any longer. Worst case scenario you can always pull it off if a scroot gets really tetchy, but I've never had to - I just explain it's a European F2000 part and hope for the best :lol:
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby jerseypug » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:48 am

i have received a refund (£15 more than i paid because of the exchange rate.) that was 6 months of emails and phone calls i could have done without so i won't be using peach panels again.
jerseypug
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Previous

Return to General BMW/rally discussion