SPAM 2.....bloody hell

Questions, suggestions & requests relating to the forum & web site

Moderator: is-si

SPAM 2.....bloody hell

Postby Ptrs14 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Appreciate the efforts of all those who tidy up after these idiots...but there must be something else that can be done.
This is really in danger of spoiling a good forum.... :cry:
Ptrs14
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Re: SPAM 2.....bloody hell

Postby mantamad » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:48 pm

They need deleting asap and as said before go back to the old regestering system.

Simon
mantamad

Postby Daishag » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Right is any one willing to put in the time to rectify this ???? Im willing to offer my time but not my expertise as thats in the car building area and not PC's and INTER NET etticate etc but im willing to try and do something, because as PTRS14 said this is in real danger of spoiling all the the hard work put in by Si and any one else who contributes to the smooth running of this forum !!!!!!!!!

Ive never expericened the scale of abuse / spam this forum is getting any where else !!!!!!

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07805835655

P.S. Maybe a thought if every geniune user on here everytime they noticied spam replied with a GET FUCKED style message to each and every spam post they might get the message or am i barking up the wrong tree ???????
Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby mantamad » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:18 pm

I agree and disagree with the last part, would love to tell them to f***off every time but in doing so you are letting them know they are managing to annoy us which is what the are after.

Simon
mantamad

Postby avtovaz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:51 pm

they are doing it so google etc reads bits and recomends to people their stuff i think [ or something along those lines ] so posting back wont make any difference, they are probably naked in paradise somewhere posting out loads of penis pills every day.

I thinkt he forum shoiuld stop new memebers for a bit, then open up again and see how it goes.
Россия лучше всех
факт
ENDA BMW tuning
avtovaz
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby is-si » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:16 am

We need to be able to delete members or confirm registrations are genuine prior to activation - i understand this is almost a full time job :(

time is thin on the ground for most at the mo, but by all means contact me i'm willing to help.

just a question: how does the BRF operate, to prevent this?
is-si
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby M3 Compact » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am

is-si wrote:just a question: how does the BRF operate, to prevent this?

They just have several obnoxious posters to discourage new member applications. :mrgreen: Dunno is the real answer.

As above - there's no point posting answers in these threads because the spammers won't read them. ALSO, if you reply in the thread it means that the thread can't be automatically deleted when the user gets zapped!

As per the 'New Members' section - I've increased the VR difficulty even further (virtually impossible now IMO) and we'll see if this helps before going to full-on manual activation.

Are you able to activate accounts, John?
M3 Compact
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby M3 Compact » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 am

M3 Compact wrote:.....I've increased the VR difficulty even further (virtually impossible now IMO)

M3 Compact
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alan1272 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 pm

6EpWM i think :wink:

yeah as said it is close to spoiling the forum having to search through tons of spam to find the new posts. i'm also willing to help if i can although i'm no computer expert either.
i think if these people are going to the trouble of spamming all these forums then they probably have a program capable of reading the captcha easily, but lets see if this increase in settings makes a difference.
also i don't believe they come back to read the replies to there posts so asking them nicely to go away wont work.
alan1272
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby Adam Gardner » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:14 am

This same idiot is keeping his self busy. the c##t needs his laptop breaking across his head.
Adam Gardner
BMW Mad
BMW Mad

Postby hsr2.6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Fair play top job mods, a nice clean forum :D
hsr2.6
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Return to Forum & Web site