What car?

Any general technical information & questions, body shell prep etc

Moderator: is-si

What car?

Postby fastdog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm

i've been looking for a compact rally car without success, however there a a couple of std cars for sale locally. Is it worthwhile going for a 2.5 one? I do have a 2.8 Z3 sitting on my drive, could that be a good donor? They only make peanuts & it's actually a nice car, even has a sort after hardtop! :)
fastdog

Re: What car?

Postby notax » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:01 am

I'm going to have one of my BMW Compact rally cars on the market very soon if you are still looking. The shell has never been damaged and has been fully resprayed bright red inside and out. It has never been rallied. I had it built as a spare shell for my main rally car so it has been properly prepared on a spit with a full weld in cage which also goes to the front strut tops. I then decided to build it up as a completely spare car. It has been used at Rally Day a couple of times to give rally rides and at the time was running a 328 engine and running gear. It is just being rebuilt with a standard S50 M3 engine and lots of brand new parts, inc seats, upgraded lightweight headlights, new lightweight E46 style front bumper, vented bonnet, extinguishers, OMP strut brace, suede steering wheel etc and comes with Spax adjustable suspension all round. It will be an excellent rally car for someone. Loads of spares and 6 matching, fully refurbed 18 inch wheels included.

If you are interested please get in touch. I hope to have the car finished within the next 10 days and will then get it MSA logbooked. Photos to follow
notax
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Re: What car?

Postby fastdog » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Sent you a PM :)
fastdog

Return to General