full weld in cage

Any general technical information & questions, body shell prep etc

Moderator: is-si

full weld in cage

Postby roadrally_nova » Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 am

can any one advise me on were is the cheapest place to buy a full weldin cage

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... cds-tubing

this is the only 1 i can see that picks up the diff price is ok but would like cheaper

P.S i know about the cert
roadrally_nova
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Re: full weld in cage

Postby mrfuzzyfelts » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 am

Apparently safety devices do a full weld in now that picks up the diff?
Banana BMW
mrfuzzyfelts
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daishag » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:38 pm

For an extra £75 bud Hockley's do a Full Weld in for a E36 in T45 Tubing !!!!!!!!!!!

And after fitting 2 R&D otherwise known as Custom Cages items to 2 different cars I WILL NOT BE FITTING THEM AGAIN !!!!!!!!! The work involved in getting them to fit correctly was mind boggling and I basically lost money on fitting em as there is just no way I could charge that sort of labour for fitting them as they took so long to get em to fit right !!!!!! Where as the Hockley's cage I fitted to my BM there was just one bar that the underside of the scallop had to be tickled with the grinder to get it to fit right ....... Everything fitted to the Millimetre ..... A Credit to them !!!!!!

Never fitted a Safety Devices full weld in cage to anything so comment on them but what I will say is as above CHEAP ain't all ways best !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Dave aka Daishag @ DSR Motorsport 07805835655
Daishag
BMW Obsessed
BMW Obsessed

Postby ChrisRally » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am

Agree with Daishag about CC. I had not fitted a weld in before, and expected some kind of idiots guide to fitting i.e. The order of tubes, but no, nothing. The only clear instruction was "Do not cut any tubes", so after several fruitless hours I rang them as the main hoop didn't fit. "Oh yes, you will have to profile it", and I paid extra for profiled tubes.

Nice job now it is on, and looks super strong.
ChrisRally
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Postby Retrobeemer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Excuse my jumping in on this thread but is there a simple rear cage available, along the lines of main hoop and single diagonal? I'm building a Compact for track-days and occasional sprint events but I simply can't afford a full weld in job.
Retrobeemer

Postby Tim0 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 am

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have experience with Hockly cage? I mean cage for E36 compact (part number BMW001 from the site).
http://hh-ms.com/parts-catalogue/index434e.html?SelCategoryID=27&SelModelID=36&page=parts

I tried to send then inquiry but did not get any feedback.

I have 2 questions:
- Is this cage according to FIA ARTICLE 253 when its MSA certified?
- what is the tube material/dimensions?

Or... :)

Does anyone have drawing for a E36 compact FIA standard roll cage? I know specification is in the FIA article document, but still an actual sample would be much better.
Tim0

Postby Bimsy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 am

Tim0 wrote:Hi everyone!

Does anyone have experience with Hockly cage? I mean cage for E36 compact (part number BMW001 from the site).
http://hh-ms.com/parts-catalogue/index434e.html?SelCategoryID=27&SelModelID=36&page=parts

I tried to send then inquiry but did not get any feedback.

I have 2 questions:
- Is this cage according to FIA ARTICLE 253 when its MSA certified?
- what is the tube material/dimensions?

Or... :)

Does anyone have drawing for a E36 compact FIA standard roll cage? I know specification is in the FIA article document, but still an actual sample would be much better.

Hi Try Denzilbmw on this site he is building a compact stage car and has fitted the Hockley Cage. Check out his thread in "cars" "Compact rally car" It`s at the top of the page as he`s posting every week.
Hope this helps!!!
Bimsy
Bmw Fan
Bmw Fan

Return to General